Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-24 01:34:41

Rikard Sjöblom

Official statement regarding PN09

Hi everyone,

Just got home today from NearFest 2009! A big thanks to all who came and hugs & kisses to all of the crew!

We have some bad news though. Although you've probably already read about this somewhere else we feel that we need to put this out in our own words as well. Beardfish (and Pain of Salvation) have been forced to back out of the Progressive Nation 2009 tour. We're all so devastated about this that we can't even begin to tell you, but the reasons for this were all way beyond our control. Basically we lost our tour support in the midst of SPV (InsideOut's distributor) filing for bankrupcy... Because of this there was NO possible way for us to pay for the tour. We have been replaced by Big Elf and Scale the Summit and we wish these guys + Zappa Plays Zappa and Dream Theater all the luck in the world on the tour! Naturally, with the added regret of us not being there ofcourse - goddamnit!

Your very jetlagged Rikard Sjöblom (on behalf of Beardfish)

#2 2009-06-24 05:06:01

ProsaicParadise
Website

Re: Official statement regarding PN09

I hope the old adage comes true about one door closing meaning that another one will open. You will have plenty of support here in the US when the time comes, I feel confident! Thank you for taking the time to communicate with fans. smile

#3 2009-06-24 07:28:56

GuyM

Sorry to hear the news Rikard (and gang), it must be a real disppointment for you, but, all your fans (and  there  have been many writing in) are there for you.
I hope you get another opportunity to tour soon.
Hope to see you all again in the very near future
All the best
Guy

#4 2009-06-25 17:12:56

Bertovo
Website

I think God just doesn't want me to see you guys, 2nd goddamn time my plans to see Beardfish have fallen through f*ck.

#5 2009-07-31 19:17:50

mpomy
Website

Well, it's ProgNation in D.C. tonight, and I'll be missing my favorite new band, but i am looking forward to Dream Theater (never seen) and especially ZpZ (also never seen).  Hopefully they will play Billy The Mountain!

#6 2009-07-31 19:36:14

SteveA
Administrator
Website

#7 2009-08-01 09:08:30

Rikard Sjöblom

>Mpomy: I saw some pretty recent footage of ZPZ and guess what they were playing? big_smile Oh yes: Billy the mountain - one of my favourites as well!

#8 2009-08-02 01:32:28

Fredrik

mpomy wrote:

Well, it's ProgNation in D.C. tonight, and I'll be missing my favorite new band, but i am looking forward to Dream Theater (never seen) and especially ZpZ (also never seen).  Hopefully they will play Billy The Mountain!

If they don't, you might be happy to hear Call any Vegetable from the same album performed by Bongo Fury, with Sjöblom doing both the vocals and the guitar?
http://torrents.thepirate....PB.torrent

#9 2009-08-02 07:54:31

Bertovo
Website

A single tear still rolls down my cheek every time I remember I am not seeing Beardfish live anymore

#10 2009-08-03 18:46:04

mpomy
Website

The DT show was monstrous - I had no idea about the onslaught I was in for, but it was truly enjoyable.  Portnoy might be the best in the business right now, and his kit is the size of a school bus!

ZpZ did not disappoint.  Several years ago I saw Project Object with Ike Willis and Napoleon Murphy Brock and it made me sad, because it just wasn't very good.  the show in DC this weekend was pitch-perfect.  Instead of a Yellow Snow or Billy the Mountain epic, we basically got a huge chunk of Roxy and Elsewhere shove in our ear holes.  Village of the Sun and Echidba's Arf were outrageous.  But the showpiece of the night had to be Inca Roads - devastating!  The Dream Theater fans didn't have a lot of love for the guacamole Queen, but I didn't care.  Dweezil went absolutely ballistic on the guitar solo and all the hard parts sounded like people who had beenplaying this muic all there lives.

I missed Beardfish terribly, but it was a great night of music.  And for someone who never go tto see Frank play live and has become quite devoted to his music, well, it was a pretty special moment.

#11 2009-08-04 21:48:41

EbbandFlow
Website

mpomy wrote:

The DT show was monstrous - I had no idea about the onslaught I was in for, but it was truly enjoyable.  Portnoy might be the best in the business right now, and his kit is the size of a school bus!

ZpZ did not disappoint.  Several years ago I saw Project Object with Ike Willis and Napoleon Murphy Brock and it made me sad, because it just wasn't very good.  the show in DC this weekend was pitch-perfect.  Instead of a Yellow Snow or Billy the Mountain epic, we basically got a huge chunk of Roxy and Elsewhere shove in our ear holes.  Village of the Sun and Echidba's Arf were outrageous.  But the showpiece of the night had to be Inca Roads - devastating!  The Dream Theater fans didn't have a lot of love for the guacamole Queen, but I didn't care.  Dweezil went absolutely ballistic on the guitar solo and all the hard parts sounded like people who had beenplaying this muic all there lives.

I missed Beardfish terribly, but it was a great night of music.  And for someone who never go tto see Frank play live and has become quite devoted to his music, well, it was a pretty special moment.

It's too bad to hear that you caught a mediocre P/O show.  They have put on some *phenomenal* performances back in the day...

#12 2009-08-20 10:50:05

Bertovo
Website

Welp just went tonight, they played some Beardfish in between sets and I almost cried.  Zappa kicked a few thousands asses though.

#13 2009-08-20 16:51:14

EbbandFlow
Website

That's very cool to hear that they're giving "props" to Beardfish between sets at least!

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam