You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » General Chat
  •  » HUGH HOPPER needs HELP (message from Leonardo Pavkovic) RSS Feed

#1 2008-11-03 14:04:50

SteveA
Administrator
Website

HUGH HOPPER needs HELP (message from Leonardo Pavkovic)

HUGH HOPPER …. needs HELP …

Dear MoonJune friends

Not sure if all of You know that my very dear friend and legendary Soft Machine and Soft Machine Legacy’s bass player Hugh Hopper, had recently, since last June, some health problems and complications that didn’t allowed him to do any gigs since early June. Hugh was suffering from back pain for few years and suddenly in June got worse. Hugh had to cancel concerts in Mexico with Chris Cutler. and 10 shows tour of Japan with Yumi Hara-Cawkwell, and series of his solo concerts, or concerts with Soft Machine Legacy and Delta Saxophone Quartet during the last Summer were compromised. While treating very bad lower back pain, Hugh was having blood tests, and in hospital doctors have discovered beginning of leukaemia and that his blood had very low platelet-count. Hugh started to have an ongoing and painful chemotherapy treatment which was going relatively well but Hugh also suffered from some minor infections after the course finished. Hugh is doing better now, but still in hospital and only occasionally was able to go home. In any case Hugh Hopper has a very positive outlook on life and accepts life in a positive way and we all “hopperfully” hope, this hassle will end as soon as possible.

Sadly, with the lack of revenue resulting from his inability to perform since last June, Hugh and his family (his lovely wife Christine and 13 years old daughter Rosa) are currently in a less than comfortable financial situation - this is the reason for doing the benefit concert at the London’s 100 Club on December 14th, an idea generated by his colleagues in Soft Machine Legacy, and made possible thanks to John Etheridge and The 100 Club. T he entire profit will go to Hugh Hopper.

SOFT MACHINE LEGACY (filling for Hugh: FRED BAKER on bass)
DELTA SAXOPHONE QUARTET
PHIL MILLER IN CAHOOTS
BASH QUARTET   feat.  ALEX MAGUIRE, PATRICE MEYER,

FRED BAKER & LIAM GENOCKEY
SOPHIA DOMANCHIC & SIMON GOUBERT DUO
YUMI HARA-CAWKWELL

http://www.the100club.co.uk

http://www.the100club.co.....t=12/14/08

While thinking of similar benefit concerts in New York, Paris and elsewhere, there are few ways that You also can contribute to this great cause and help Hugh Hopper in this difficult times.

You can make personal donation of any sum that You feel comfortable. If You are located in USA/Canada and outside of the UK and European Community, You can send International Money Order casheable in Euros if made payable to Christine Janet. (Christine is French and they have family bank account in France with depositing facility in the UK). If sending from the European Community, then checks in Euros also to be payable to Hugh Hopper’s wife Christine Janet, and if sending from the UK, checks to be payable in UK pounds to Hugh Hopper and mailed to:

Hugh Hopper/Christine Janet
29 Castle Road, Whitstable, Kent CT5 2DZ
England, United Kingdom

In addition, MoonJune Records / MoonJune Global Media is offering all Hugh Hopper related cds for purchase.

www.moonjune.com

100% of the profit of the below mentioned cds will go to my dear “fuzz-bass” buddy Hugh Hopper:

HUGH HOPPER “Numero D’Vol”
HUMI (HUGH HOPPER & YUMI HARA-CAWKWELL “Dune”

50% of the profit of the below mentioned cds will go to my dear “fuzz-bass” buddy Hugh Hopper:

SOFT MACHINE “Drop” 
(this particular cd ready to be shipped on November 21:  http://www.moonjune.com/MJR023.htm

SOFT MACHINE LEGACY “Steam”
SOFT MACHINE LEGACY “Soft Machine Legacy”
SOFT MACHINE LEGACY “Live In Zaandam”

30% of the profit of this particular cd featuring HUGH HOPPER:

CHRIS STASSINOPULOUS “Light In The Dark”
Featuring HUGH HOPPER, DAVID CROSS, ALEX FOSTER, BARRY FINNERTY, JOE BERGER and more
http://www.moonjune.com/lightinthedark-N.htm

30% of the profit of the rest of MoonJune Records’ catalog will go to my dear “fuzz-bass” buddy Hugh Hopper.

I also have two Fender Jazz bass guitars belonging to Hugh Hopper sitting in my office in New York, which he uses when playing in the USA, and me and Hugh might decide to put one of them on the auction sale. The other one I must keep it here, since I have promised Hugh, that as soon as he gets better, he will be invited by myself to come to New York and play few local gigs in the area.

I have to see my busy traveling schedule this end of year and hope I might be able to go to London and be at The 100 Club on December 14th, in case I cannot make it, all donations collected by MoonJune Records & MoonJune Global Media will be sent to Hugh as a nice Christmas present which we all hope he can enjoy at home with his lovely family.

If anything else You need to know, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail, and do not forget, send post card or letter to Hugh Hopper, he will gladly appreciate and love it.

For more updates, check Hugh’s website: www.hugh-hopper.com

Everyone who contributes in any form and with any sum, will be mentioned on Hugh Hopper’s webpage.

Hope to hear from You.

In the name of Hugh Hopper, thanks in advance to EVERYONE.

All the best

Leonardo Pavkovic
MoonJune Global Media
32 Union Square East #206
New York, NY 10003 USA

noanoamusic@moonjune.com

Francis

Spirit of 66

www.spiritof66.be

• Index
  •  » General Chat
  •  » HUGH HOPPER needs HELP (message from Leonardo Pavkovic) RSS Feed

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam